ATTENTION VOLUNTEERS: We need lots of help to get new projects off the ground. Be a volunteer with us! the cost is $ 8 per day for food and lodging; other services or tourist activities would be at half price. We have some interesting areas where you can be a volunteer and practice your Spanish. Recreational activities such as horseback riding trips, the use of the bicycles, the use of the Jacuzzi have a discount of 50% after the first four days of work. The volunteers that live in our hostal need to work 8 hours per day and can have a free day every four days of work. This is a list of the typical volunteer jobs available:
- 1. Take pictures and help identify all the species inside the Geobotanical Reserve: Orchids, Birds, Butterflies, Medicinal Plants, Plants in General.
- 2. We need people interested in agricultural development with an emphasis on organic farming to help the local community add value to their products.
- 3. There is a small school inside the crater and another school that can only be reached by foot or horse where you can help with the overall development of our children.
- 4. For those interested in geology, you can help us find studies made that determine the volcanic details and history of the crater.
- 5. Help us create maps and detailed trail signs to help the tourists and also provide guidance to preserve nature.
- 6. Historians are welcome to put together a synopsis of the profound effects that this crater has had on the history of Ecuadorians.
- 7. We have room for people interested in marketing, advertising, and publishing, to help us promote this beautiful crater.
- 8. Finally, if you do not like any of the above, we need you to provide general help in the organic farm, the pigs, chickens, guinea pigs, horses, or in the hostal with maintenance, construction, and all operational duties such as cleaning, cooking, etc.
Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may take a couple of days to get back to you since there is no internet connection inside the crater.